Tips & Advice
Resume preparation is very important as it is first contact of
candidate for prospective employer/recruitment consultant and helps them
access candidates interest, experience, qualifications and skill sets,
thus making the initial picture in the mind of the interviewer.
Some of the tips for building resume are as follows:
- Include a covering letter with application with information on
Personal Details, Full Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, Marital Status,
Gender, Address, Contact information
- In personal details, list in chronological order the name and
location of educational institution and dates of attendance,
qualifications and grades that need to be listed accordingly
- For professional qualification, include in chronological order the
name of the issuing body and/or institution with dates of qualification
- Include short and concise list of IT skill sets including
understanding of IT packages and programs
- In employment history, include brief description of job
responsibilities, positioning within business structure and reporting
lines with management role handled
- Use consistent font style, text size with headings and titles in bold
- Check for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors
- The display of information should be concise and efficient
- Focus more on your most recent experience
- Quantify information like experience and achievements made with facts
Interviews form an important part of emerging
successful in a planned job search. The interviews serves as the only
opportunity to express yourself in-front of the prospective employer.
Some tips for interview preparation include:
- Take time out for getting prepared
- Dress smartly as first impressions last
- Do homework on company and understand its products and services
- Bring together relevant personal documentation files arranged in a
systematic way in folder
- Prepare highlights and achievements in your career
- Arrive on time
- Know the interviewer's correct title with pronunciation
- Maintain eye contact with soft smile and firm handshake
- Let interviewer take control of flow but ensure you need to display
honesty, enthusiasm and warmth
- During interview, you will be assessed on strengths and weaknesses
where personal characteristics will be probed like attitude, aptitude,
- When dealing with panel interview, maintain eye contact with all
- If interviewer offers position, be prepared to accept it there and
then and if you wish for some time to think, be tactful and courteous in
telling about the same
- Leave interviewer with good final impression
Questions to Expect
Before attending interview, think of questions you might be asked and
prepare well. But be honest in your approach and in answering and do not
lie. Prior preparation significantly helps in reducing stress as well as
enables one to feel confident in answers.
Some of the expected questions include:
- What kind of role are you seeking?
- Why are you looking to leave your current role?
- Why did you choose this particular career path/field?
- What interests you about our products/service?
- Why would you like to work for this organization?
- What do you want to be doing in your career in five years from now?
- Which role did you enjoy the most and why?
- When was your last salary review?
© AL SABIR CONSULTANCY
All Rights Reserved
Developed and Managed by ABBAS IT HELPDESK